When I click "story mode," redirected to desktop and screen freezes

I am a newbie with Raspberry Pi and computer science in general, and I thought that Piper would be a great way for my daughter to build her computer skills. We first had an issue where the story mode for Minecraft wasn’t advancing beyond a certain point, and now when the Piper loads, it goes through the motions to “Mars,” but then it redirects to the desktop whenever I click on story mode. After that, the cursor still moves on the screen, but I cannot connect to anything, and I can’t pull up the virtual keyboard to type anything in. Considered a factory reboot, but was having trouble with the directions. Again, I am new to all of this, but I am trying to learn. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @puffypink1,

Are you running the latest version 2.0.2 (you can find the version number in the bottom left corner of the options window)? If you’re not running the latest version, please click the “update” button and try running story mode again.

• Jordan

I have same exact problem. What is the solution? I posted details of situation here - Can't get to story mode

Hi @daloweman,

I sent a reply to the link/post that you mention.

• Jordan