Update caused PiperCode to stop working

I just updated my Piper to 2.4.1 after about 9 months of not using it. Now when I double click on Piper Code it brings up a web browser page that says “Failed to load URL file:///home/pi/pipermix/web/index.html with error ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (-6).” It was working before the update and now that is all that it says. There appears to be nothing under the Pipermix directory when I go there. I have ensured that the updater is completely up to date several times.

1. Does the Piper story mode work?
  2. What version of the Pi do you have? (it is printed on the Pi itself)
  3. can you open a terminal window and type
    df -h

you shoud see something like this:

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root        15G  1.7G   13G  12% /
devtmpfs        213M     0  213M   0% /dev
tmpfs           217M     0  217M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           217M  3.1M  214M   2% /run
tmpfs           5.0M  4.0K  5.0M   1% /run/lock
tmpfs           217M     0  217M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p1   43M   22M   21M  52% /boot
tmpfs            44M     0   44M   0% /run/user/1000

I’m looking for the value on the first line /dev/root for Size, Used and Avail

1. Story Mode works fine.
  2. The Pi is a Pi 3 Model B V1.2
  3. df -h put out a /dev/root line that says Size 15G, Used 6.6G, Avail 7.3G Use 48%, Mounted on /

Ok, that’s all good! what is odd is that there is nothing in the pipermix directory.
Are you startinig it up via the icon on the desktop or via the piper main menu?

I’m going to run the updates (which will take a couple hours) I’ll let you know what I find when it is done.

I have exactly the same problem. Updated yesterday after long time of not using it. Story mode works, code does not, pipermix folder empty.

Piper also seems to freeze for a moment quite often, for example when I’m browsing the community website and even in the Piper game when changing settings.

I only got an 8gig SD, which seems to be almost full. /Dev/root is 7.2G used 6.7G, avail 203M, use% is 98%

I’ve got the same version of Pi as Flyboy2002.

Update: I don’t see to have access to pipermix folder.

go to this link and tell them what is happening and that you only have an 8GB SD card and I’m sure they will help you out.

Well I just fiished the update and it ran fine. I know the Piper guys have found an issue and are working on a version 2.4.2 to fix it, I’m just not sure when it is coming out but I will try to find out.

Meanwhile I’d suggest you go to this link and explain what happened.

Let me know the result. Thanks!