Story mode~bread bluffs

After I entered the portal at the end of the bread bluffs level, I still could not access the next level.
I tried a few times but it still could not work. And the text at the top of the screen is glitched it keeps saying the first sentence.

I see you have opened two threads are they both happening at the same time? Please explain more.

After I finish it just sends me to the Mission choosing thing. I am just 10 so I know nothing much.

Hi Tham
Welcome to the Piper family. Could you go to the main menu and select the GEAR icon. at the bottom of the screen you should see the vrsion number. What is it?

What happens if you reboot the Pi? does the problem still happen?

Hey @Paul
Ver 4.1
When I reboot it will still happen :sob:

Ok, did you mean version 2.4.1?
So when you go to breadboard bluff and get to the portal at the end, is it letting you go thru the portal?

Did you get both toasters to launch you thru the air?

Yes ver 2.4.1
Yes it let’s me through then shows the animation but it still doesn’t let me through the next planet
And yes I got both both toasters to do so

There is new update available. Make sure your battery is fully charged and click on the update button and see if after it finishes if you can get thru that level.

Okay, I will do that as soon as I go back home. Will reply you later

When you go thru the portal, do you go back to the ‘Planets’ menu? If not, can you take a picture of the screen and attach it to a reply?

You said you could not access the next level - which level, does it show it?
If you do get back to the menu,

By the way, if that doesn’t work here is something else you can try.

• Exit Piper and open the File Manager (on the top menu - looks like two file folders)
  • go to the ‘home’ folder,
  • go to the the ‘pi’ folder
  • go to the ‘piper’ folder
  • go to the ‘game’ folder
  • go to the ‘userData’ folder
  • go to the ‘playData’ folder

Double click the file ‘levelsCompleted.txt’ and change the line:

Breadboard Bluffs: 0

to

Breadboard Bluffs: 1

and save the file. Now go back in and see if you can go to the next level.

I can’t exit it, it will just freeze

Yes I get back to the planets menu

Did changing the ‘levelsCompleted.txt’ file allow you to play the next level?

No, it didn’t… I dunno why

Tham,

Could you go to the main menu and select the gear icon up the top left. If you look at the bottom left you will see the version number.

If the version is 2.4.1, exit out of Piper to the desktop. At the top fight of the screen you will see a WiFi symbol. Click on it and turn the WiFi OFF. Then go back and see if the game will play.

Please let me know the results.

Doesn’t work…

Did you try rebooting the Pi after making the change?

Yep, doesn’t work…

Tham what version of Piper is it? Go to the main menu and select the gear icon up the top left. If you look at the bottom left you will see the version number.

Could you go back and open the ‘levelsCompleted.txt’ file and copy it or take a photo of it and attach it to a reply.

I want to see if it is some combinations of the settings that is causing this.

Thanks.