Raspberry Pi lights do not come on!

We built out computer kits today and when we turn on the battery pack the screen went blue and then black. The raspberry pi never did start blinking like the other ones we have. What can I do?
Thank you,
Spring Charles

Is the battery fully charged?

Yes, I charged all of the battery over night, so that my students could start working Piper after they completed putting it together.

Hi @scharles,

Did this occur on only one of your kits or on all of them? This will occur if there is no SD card inserted or if the card isn’t seated properly (or if it’s corrupted). Also, do you see a solid red light?

Thanks,

• Jordan

It is only happening on one of them. No lights will come on at all on the raspberry pi. The card came already inserted in it. It has in all of them that we bought. I have unplugged everything and replugged. The screen will come on and turn blue and then go black.

Hi @scharles,

Thanks for the update! To help rule out an issue with the Rasp-Pi itself, could you please try swapping out the SD card it currently has with one from a known working unit and try again? If this works, then we can assume that the SD card is corrupted and work on a fix (i.e., re-imaging it) or issuing you a replacement ASAP.

Thanks!

• Jordan

[edit] p.s. If this doesn’t work then we can assume it’s the Pi (as @Paul points out below) and issue you a replacement. But please confirm this by swapping in a known working Pi just to make sure it’s not related to a different piece of hardware altogether (e,g, faulty power cable).

Since you have more than one Pi, try swapping SD cards from one of the other Pi’s. Then swap the Pi’s from one Piper to another. This will determine it it

1. is a bad SD card
  2. a bad Pi
  3. something else

Good morning! I switched the cards and nothing happened still. So now I am thinking it is the Pi. All of my other ones are working great!!!

Did you move another pi to this box just to check it is not a cable problem?

I am having the same issue, I only have one kit and no lights at all on the Pi.

@Carrie - (1) is the battery fully charged - i.e. if you push the battery button, do all four lights light up?
(2) does the screen light up at all?
(3) have you made sure the SD card is firmly pushed into the Pi?

Hi,
Battery is fully charged and screen turns blue then black. SD card is pushed in. No lights on the Pi, even when I use a different HDMI cable and plugged into my tv.
I ordered a new Pi 2 days ago but haven’t received the tracking number yet?
Carrie

Paul
December 27 |

@Carrie - (1) is the battery fully charged - i.e. if you push the battery button, do all four lights light up?
(2) does the screen light up at all?
(3) have you made sure the SD card is firmly pushed into the Pi?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Carrie
December 27 |

I am having the same issue, I only have one kit and no lights at all on the Pi.
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hi Carrie,

It sounds like you’ve ordered a replacement Pi already. You should receive the tracking information shortly, but if not please send an email to hi@withpiper.com with your order details.

Thanks,

• Jordan

Hi Jordan/Support
We (Granpa Soren and Frank 9 years) just joined the community as Solensan and this email. We finished the assembly yesterday to find the battery uncharged. After 12 charging it is now fully charged.
Starts with a blue screen that then turns solid black and we got stuck. Solid red LED and blinking green (approx every 5s).
But it won’t boot!
What’s wrong?
On the cover (see pic) it is stated 8GB Micro SD card but our package did not contain anything that reminds of such a card. Is the boot up program stored on that non existing card and not on a EPROM that could explain the issue.
Please Jordan guide us in how to get it up and running and for Frank to start learning the wonders of coding.

Frank is fired up on coding so he is very angsious to get going on this very important mission - so please Jordan/Support guide is

Best regards
Sören Sjölander, Sweden

Found the microSD 16 GB
But it is still not booting
Please guide us
Sören

Hi @Solensan,

Thanks for the post (and email). Based on what you describe, I believe you may have a faulty HDMI cable. Do you happen to have another cable you can test with? If the new cable doesn’t fix the issue, then please try plugging it into another computer monitor or television for testing. If it is the cable, then I’ll send you further instructions on how to get a free replacement.

Thanks!

• Jordan

Hi Jordan!
Plenty thanks for your guidance! Will do tomorow (your night). I will return for feedback and further suggestions for a solution.
Thangs again!
Sören

Hi Jordan!
You were right connecting to TV with HDMI cable worked. See pic below

How can I get a replacement cable?

BR
Soren

Hi @Solensan,

Great to hear! I’ll send you a separate message with instructions on how to get a replacement cable.

Thanks!

• Jordan

Jordan We just mounted the New usb cable and same thing happened blue screen and stuck. It still does not work. It was not the usb cable that was faulty. What should we do?
Sören (and grandchild Frank)