Minecraft launch string is stored where?

I know this is probably not recommended, but I’d like to edit the “minecraft-pi” launch string. I can’t stand not being able to set invert mouse, so I’ve found a way to launch Minecraft on the command line with it inverted after some fiddling around. What I need to do is adjust the launch string of the Piper story mode to be:

"LD_PRELOAD=/home/pi/sdl/SDL-1.2.15/build/.libs/libSDL-1.2.so.0 minecraft-pi"

I’ll back up the file in case I mess anything up :slight_smile:

The LD_PRELOAD intercepts the mouse movement so that if I push forward, the camera looks down, pull back and it looks up.

You can easily flip the mouse settings.

• exit to the desktop
  • select the raspberry icon at the top left
  • go to Preferences->keyboard and Mouse
    there is a check box there that will switch the buttons, click it and you are all done.

Paul,

I’m not flipping buttons. I am inverting the Y axis, but only for mouse look.

I’m assuming the Minecraft executable is being launched from a script. If I can get the name of the script I can probably take it from there.

Take a look at this thread: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=162870

Paul,

I’m not talking about a scroll wheel direction. I’m talking about reversing the detection of pushing the mouse forward/backward. Normally if you push forward, it aims the view UP, which is the exact opposite of the way my brain is wired. I’ve been playing First Person games for a very long time and this is pretty much standard across the board.

What I really need is to know how where the Piper front end calls Minecraft to run. I can take it from there.

Now I understand (long day dead brain) I don’t know eh answer, you might want to ask this over at https://support.playpiper.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hey,

It’s been a long time since I posted, but if you download and edit this script, you might be able to change the mouse movement, because of the way the code talks to Minecraft Pi. Fun fact: Minecraft: Pi Edition is really an overly stripped down version of Pocket Edition. If you hack it, you might be able to access the settings menu. Here’s the script for changing the MCPi player name (you will have to edit it): https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=186229&p=1176077&hilit=minecraft+stevepi+name#p1176077

I also came across a website all about Minecraft Pi and it had a code for changing the mouse settings, but I can’t remember what it is at the moment (I’ll edit this post when I figure it out :slight_smile: )

-SKCro

Product support responded to my request with an alternate file for:

/home/pi/piper/game/ui/minecraftWindow.py

It has changes on line 35 to:

'LD_PRELOAD=/home/pi/sdl/SDL-1.2.15/build/.libs/libSDL-1.2.so.0 minecraft-pi', shell=True)  # minecraft is run here

and line 47 to:

'LD_PRELOAD=/home/pi/sdl/SDL-1.2.15/build/.libs/libSDL-1.2.so.0 ' + path)  # minecraft is run here

Here is a link to the full solution that I’ve tested. Always make sure to back up any files you mess around with!
How to invert mouse on Minecraft Raspberry Pi edition