Life length of a pi 3?

I’m a teacher and have 9 kits I use with 18 students for 9 weeks each semester. I’m in the 4th round of using these PIs. I’ve had one ad card due and now I have a pi that seems to have died(I followed the troubleshooting suggested by Jordan) does anyone know the life of a pi?

Hi @csizemore,

Do you see a solid red light on the Pi followed by a blinking green light when powering up? If only a solid red light, have you tried swapping the SD card out with a known working SD card just to help rule out the card?

Thanks!

• Jordan

Yes we did that the other day. I had a pi (#6)with no SD card. (That sd died) I took the sd card from the pi (#5)in question and plugged it into the empty pi (#6)and was able to boot up w/o problem. Then I put the SD card back into #5 pi and it actually
booted up. Do I thought the problem was solved, but today #5 was back to black after blue :frowning:

C

Thanks for the detailed reply! Do you see red and green lights on Pi #5 despite the blue-to-black screen? Also, have you tried the Pi with another unit (different screen + hdmi cord combo) or alternatively, have you tried Pi#6 on the #5 unit? You may have a faulty HDMI cable…

• Jordan

Yes, I walk my girls thru troubleshooting all the cables, HDMI, Video, the works and the cable all work. And I still just get a steady red light after a blue screen.

God Bless,

Cheryl Sizemore

Student Support, LTT, SOAR Coordinator

SOAR Moodle Site

Valley Christian Elementary

1450 Leigh Avenue

San Jose, CA 95125

408-559-4400 (office)

408-559-4022 (fax)

Thanks Cheryl. We’ll be contacting you soon (offline) about getting a replacement out to you ASAP!

Best,

• Jordan

Thanks!

God Bless,

Cheryl Sizemore

Student Support, LTT, SOAR Coordinator

SOAR Moodle Site

Valley Christian Elementary

1450 Leigh Avenue

San Jose, CA 95125

408-559-4400 (office)

408-559-4022 (fax)