Frog Frenzy - Programming Question

Hi,

We have been working on our Piper computer kit and are really enjoying it. We just have one question at this point. We are working on the Frog Frenzy program and have (seemingly) inserted all of the correct program commands. However, when we hit “start,” we do not hear the sound that we inserted (e.g. “clap”). FYI - the speakers are working, as we do hear sound at other times when we use the machine. Can you please let us know if there is anything we might be doing wrong in the “Frog Frenzy” program commands? We would appreciate it.

Thank you -

Did you follow the instructions?

Yes. We followed the instructions.
Do you work for Piper?

Hi Aldrew,

Try taking the Play block out and putting it back in a few times. That worked for me.

Greg

Where do you get the instruction at my son is done with all levels and what can he do now…so far seem like a wast of money

have you seen Some ideas of what to do when you have finished all the levels
or
More...what else can I do with my Pi (videos)

We have a couple things to enhance your child’s experience.

1. First thing is to take a look at our Blog for Piper Projects.

2. Here are step by step instructions on how you can alter the game’s saved information to “fast-forward” to a given point in the game.

1. Connect a USB keyboard and mouse to your Piper and boot it up. In the main menu, use the power icon to open the shutdown menu.

2. Use the yellow door icon to exit to desktop.

3. From the desktop, use the top toolbar to open Terminal.

4. Run the following command to open the level progress file:
    leafpad piper/game/userData/playData/levelsCompleted.txt
    to open the level progress file with admin powers. If prompted for a password, it is “piper”.

5. This should open up a text file with the names of the levels and a 0 or a 1. To unlock a level, set the number beside it to 1.

Hope this helps! Feel free to reach out if you have anymore questions or would like to provide feedback.

Step 4 should be
4. Run the following command to open the level progress file:
leafpad piper/game/userData/playData/levelsCompleted.txt

Thanks Paul I just updated it!