I’m using the new Piper 2 kitsI. 'm in Chain reaction trying to open the info box floating above the blue table. chain%20reaction|640x480 I’m having no luck and could use some input. I don’t seem to ahve any sound either (the volume is up enough) Thanks for any help you can give.
did you try hitting it with both mouse buttons - ie try right clicking it and left clicking it.
I check on the volume issue tomorrow morning (it’s 9:15PM where I am.)
- what version of Piper are you running? - from the main menu, click the GEAR icon and at the bottom left - in small a small font - you will see the version number
- do you hear sound from the intro movie?
- do you see text at the top of the screen?
- if you left click (hold down the left mouse button) does the info box momentarly disapear and then reappear?
- right clicking the info box doesn’t cause the text at the top of the screen to show “(PIP) You can activate the closest TNT block from this location. LEFT-CLICK the TNT block to see what happens.”
- if you click on the dynamite does it explode? (no sound effects for the explosion - though I wish there was)
- I’m running 2.4.1
- Yes, I hear sound from the intro movie
3.Yes, I see text at the top of the screen
- Yes, it momentarily disappears
- Yes, I did see the text
6.OK no sound for the explosion.
Thanks for all the info!
I went back and did Treasure Hunt after referring to the teacher’s guide where they had placed TH before Chain Reaction and that seemed to clear things up.
But I continue to wonder if there is a sound issue because after the first video that describes the Raspberry Pi and sends it thru the digitizer (all narrated). the subsequent videos don’t have a narration.
Thanks again for all the help.
I will be checking for updates and making sure I have the latest,
The only sound is in the opening video describing things (and I think in the final scene) after that there isn’t any - no boom’s when the dynamite goes off, This is one thing I’ve been saying they need since Piper first came out. Even the portals should have a funkey space sound as you travel thru it.
latest version is 2.4.5 aand they are testing 2.5.0 (bug fix and rewrite of some code)