Piper Will Not Boot & Monitor Shows Messed Up Image

Hi,

I bought a Piper Computer for my daughter for Christmas and it no longer boots. I have attached pictures to show the screen that is displayed when it boots.

I double checked all cable connections (HDMI to Raspberry Pi and monitor) and power cords and they appear to be no issue there.

I have tried to reimage my SD card, by using the instructions in Piper support to download new image and program (Win32 Disk Imager) via a Windows PC. This completed successfully, however after I reinstall it still displays the same image.

I also observed that if I boot the Raspberry Pi card (with or without the SD card installed) the image that is displayed on the monitor is the same.

I sent an email to support with these details and I also tried twice to setup calls with Tommy for diagnosis, but never was able to get a phone call to discuss. Does anyone know what may be wrong with my Piper and how to get back up and running?

Thanks,
Jeff

Had a call with Piper support and they indicated it is likely the monitor is not working.

I tried to connect my HDMI cable to my laptop to display onto the Piper monitor and got similar screen issue.

Support recommended to ship me a replacement monitor, which I’ll try as next step. Hopefully, this gets my Piper back up and running.

-Jeff

Or just try to plug in the HDMI cable of your Computer screen or TV to the PI. You should see it work too :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Fred

Yup, that looks like a broken LCD panel and @Tintin is correct, you can plug into a larger screen to play it.