Here is where you can find the resolutions to the most common debugging with Piper. This forum is where you will be able to get the fastest, most immediate solutions.
1) If you updated and then it repeatedly boots to desktop. Please try starting from the terminal with the command "cd piper && sudo python start.py":
2) Otherwise you can re-pull our update following these steps:
- cd piper [enter]
- mv creations ../Desktop
- sudo git clean -df
- sudo git reset --hard
- sudo git pull
6a. Username: Piperguest
6b. Password: PlayPiper36
Once done, please run the start command from suggestion 1. The game will either launch or produce an error. If you send a picture of your error to firstname.lastname@example.org we will walk you through your specific solution.
If your computer was missing a part when you received it, fill out a Rescue Pack Request.
Otherwise, if you accidentally broke a part during your launch and are not a protection plan user, you can order a new part here.
Piper Does Not Boot and Screen Stays Black
1) Make sure your battery is charged and there is at least one blue light
2) Check you HDMI connection to ensure it is inserted properly (can test on a computer monitor or a TV)
3) If your screen never turns blue, then you are having a power problem. Confirm by using another monitor and will send you a new screen power cord.
Latest Software Version
Link to the Latest Image
Having Trouble Connecting to Wifi
Follow the instructions in this video
Piper screen goes blue to black
Things to check:
1) Is the SD card inserted fully?
2) Make sure the screen USB cable is connected to the power bank and not the Pi
3) Check your HDMI cable connection to the back of the screen to make sure it's fully inserted. Otherwise try connecting to an external monitor or TV and report your results to email@example.com
Reimage your SD card:
-You can use Etcher to reimage or follow the steps here for Windows or Mac
If the image is still not working, and the Pi shows only a red light, you may have a defective Pi. Shoot me an email for a replacement ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org and please provide your address.
Battery will not turn off
Pull out the two USB power cords powering the Pi and the screen.
Piper Boots to Desktop and Cannot Launch Game
Try this fix
Missing WIFI Dongle (Piece #8)
If your Piper arrived after June 1, your Piper is running on a RP 3. More differences that you might notice here. You will also not be receiving a motion sensor.
How do I update?