Excessive overscan at bottom of screen for desktop and some apps

Running Piper v202. When running the Pixel desktop and some apps (e.g. the Terminal window) there is excessive overscan at the bottom of the screen.

The mouse cursor can disappear completely off the bottom of the screen and the last line-and-a-bit of the terminal window is off the screen when terminal is maximised (I can reduce the window size to fit the screen). Other apps (e.g. Firefox ESR) correctly size themselves when maximised.

The screen size is OK when switched to a text-based virtual terminal screen, and Pipercraft is fine too. I’ve played around with the overscan settings in /boot/config.txt and I’ve also tried both:

hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=14

and

hdmi_group=1
hdmi_mode=19

…with no change in behaviour.

I suspect this may be a pixel related issue rather than something Piper-specific. I’ve not yet tried connecting it to a larger hdmi monitor (e.g. the TV) to see if the problem exists at other screen resolutions. It’s more of a minor annoyance than a show-stopper, but it would be nice to be able to resolve it.

Hi @vk5ztv,

Would you mind posting a screenshot example (perhaps of the terminal window) please? In current tests I’m finding that the terminal window is cutoff when minimized (upon first opening a terminal window), but that it resizes itself to fit the screen resolution when the maximize button is pressed (you do have to drag the minimized window to the left a bit in order to see and click the “[]” maximize button.

Thanks!

• Jordan